I had the day off Wednesday, so I headed to Nashville to see my parents. I was in desperate need of some mom time and dad pestering and just to hang out with my sister. When I got to mom and dads, my mom was making a awesome lunch that consisted of roast, black eyed peas with homemade tomato relish, okra, corn and, Oh my goodness! buttermilk corn bread. After lunch I think my body wanted to go into a food coma I was ready for a nap. I got to go to the hardware store with dad in the new truck they got. It was fun to hang out with dad even though it was for just 20 minutes. It sounds silly that I got excited to go just down the road with dad but, when you live 2 hours away the time I get to spend with family is precious. It snowed while I was there it was beautiful. I was glad when it mostly melted when I got ready to go home, not that getting stuck at my parents house would have been a bad thing.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wonderful Day.
I like to brag on my wonderful husband whenever I can so here it goes. When I got home last night he had dinner almost done. It was very yummy he made baby back ribs, mashed potatoes and, of course green beans. He said it was our seventh month on being married so he wanted to cook something good and celebrate a little. Since we have been married we have tried to do something a little special every month on the 28th. Whether it is cooking a nice dinner or going out to do something out of the ordinary. I know it sounds sort of silly but, we both enjoy it. What a wonderful day God blessed me with.
Posted by wonderfuljourney at Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
John and I do a little something each month too. It's just so special!! Glad you didn't get stuck in the snow!!
Post a Comment