Wednesday, February 18, 2009

3 Day Walk.

I would like to take the time and talk about something that has just moved me. Early last year I received a email from the Susan G. Komen foundation. The email was about a 3 day walk that is held every year in different parts of the country. I was so moved and motivated that so many women all shapes and sizes were willing to walk 60 miles in 3 days and be excited about it. Just to help find a cure for breast cancer. To me that is amazing. I received in the mail yesterday a packet full of info and a registration sheet asking me to be apart of this amazing cause. I was ready to sign and mail all in the same day. Then reality hit me, every person HAS to raise 2300.00$ or more to be apart of the walk. This means that if I got up a team or just did it on my own that there would be a lot of sending out letters, fundraising and, basically asking people for money. I'm not sure if I have the guts to do that. Then there is the training for the walk. I am torn, I am asking every one to PLEASE pray about this, for and with me. That it would be Gods will for me to be apart of the walk, also being able to get the money needed. Above is a the video. I watched last night, tears were running down my face before it was over.

1 comments:

Breast Cancer 3-Day said...

We hope you decide to participate in the Breast Cancer 3-Day. The community at the3day.org can give you lots of fundraising tips and advice, and you can also contact coaches@the3day.org for assistance or if you have questions.